Sunday, October 17, 2010

Some things

On Friday, we called the Assistant Chief about either being in our movie or with helping scouting out the Syrian-American community in Allentown for people to either be in it or help with our character development/honesty of the syntax/structure of the interrogation scene--thanks again for that! He called me back yesterday afternoon and said that he's asking around on our behalf but he has to clear it with the Chief first. If that goes well (which he think he will--he was optimistic because of the civil rights aspect of the movie) then he'll ask about, both in the community and amongst his colleagues. He's a wee bit skeptical about being in it, but not 100% so, so we shall see.
Jackson's mate Joe (a senior here) is fluent in Arabic so I'm definitely hitting him up for help translating some of the script into Arabic (I'm proooooobably aka definitely going to ask your wife to check my French) and see if Joe wants to be in it.
I love the idea of the interrogation scene: If we have a single light flooding Layla on the chair, we can have the Policeman/Judge/Dude character circling her but never show his face. Joe's a little shorter I think to be too intimidating so maybe Jake or Jackson could be the body-in-shadow but we could use some extreme-closeups of Joe/judge-man such as with his feet walking on the dusty floor to add the general level of awesomeness of the scene.
I think it could be cool to play with sound: I want to have a whispering-y effect if Layla's voice praying as though to herself whilst she's getting interrogated and maybe some close-ups of her hands counting prayer beads.
I'm working on translating the script and when I see Jake tomorrow we'll share blocking ideas which we'll do again when Jackson gets back. By that point, we'll have our storyboard, kinda, not fully but definitely some.
Also, my mate in Morocco responded, he said he'd be glad to help but he's super busy for the next few weeks so I am going to see if I can persuade/badger/ask-him-super-really-nicely and see if he can help within the next two.
Phew. That's all!
Cheers,
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment